Program information and Cost
- The program includes a 30 minute class where beach familiarisation, activity and fun are the main goals.
- Classes are grouped by ‘year of birth’ and include beach-based activities, races and games.
- We strongly encourage students to stay after class for a swim to increase their confidence in the water.
- Student to teacher ratios are strict at a maximum of 1 teacher to every 8 students, with at least one extra instructor floating between groups. This ratio is dropped further to 1 to 7 for the 2013 classes, 1 to 6 for 2014, and 1 to 5 for the 2015 class. A 2016 class will be added in February 2019.
- The cost is $136 for an 8-week season
- There are no spectator fees payable for any family or friends
- Students are allowed complimentary entry to the Greenwich Baths during the season
- Students of either season receive free entry to the end of season Beach Safety Carnival.
- Please note that classes are on no matter what the weather and water conditions are like.
- If water pollution is possible or likely, beach-only activities will be run
- Also note, it is compulsory that parents or a guardian remain on site during the class.
What to bring:
- Swimmers – Beach Safety swimmers are available for purchase however not compulsory
- Rash shirt – Beach Safety rash shirts are available for purchase however not compulsory
- Sun screen
- Water bottle
- Warm clothes for after the session. This is really important so children don’t catch colds.
- Greenwich Baths Beach Safety cap, which is compulsory for all children to wear each session. These are available for purchase in the online enrolment or at the café.
- Please ensure you arrive early, as parking is a premium.
Frequently asked questions
Does my child have to be able to swim to register for the program?
No, there are activities in the water however many are confined to the shallow areas. Instructors will always check on swimming abilities
Do parents need to volunteer to help run classes?
No, all classes are serviced fully by paid and trained staff.
What if it is raining?
The Beach Safety program is on every week regardless of the weather. If it is raining or cold, please take extra measures on bringing warm clothes for the children to put on straight after the class.
What do parents do while class is on?
Kick back, read the paper, have a coffee and buy at least one bacon and egg roll…
Can my child be enrolled with a friend?
Classes are grouped by year of birth. If your child and a friend are born in the same year, and have been enrolled in the same time, please email us requesting they start in the same group each week.
If you would like any further information on the program, please feel free to email email@example.com